Sunday, August 20, 2006

British police find suitcase with bomb materials

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_world/view/225451/1/.html
====================================

-okay that's not good-

I find it rather frustrating that terrorists make life more inconvenient for us all. First time round many Muslims were shunned because many generalized them as terrorists. After that, no sharp items such as penknives, nail clippers, even a compass needle (mathematical kind) wasn't allowed on board flights. Now things get even worse: liquids and gels are not allowed on board either, and passengers, especially those travelling from the UK have only transparent plastic bags carrying their personal belongings such as passport, wallet and medication. Even baby milk is only allowed on in small amounts.

Police found a suitcase containing everything necessary to assemble a bomb, and this shows that these inconveniences are only to make life safer for us all. I would not mind the inconvenience if it meant that the flight I am boarding would not blow up in mid air with all the passengers blasted into smithereens.

It is indeed comforting to know that the police and other authorities are getting into action, but the 1994 Bojinka bombing whereby liquid explosives were involved makes one think that they should have gone into action much earlier. Yet back then the threat of terrorism was not so frequent as it is today.

I am just glad that no planes have been bombed by liquid explosives yet. Now all we can do besides tighten up security is to wait and see what happens next. -- DE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home